Columbus Asphalt Paving, Inc. was founded in 1975 by John Power, Fred Gifford, Alex Boros and Dave Cooperider. The original location of the company, established by these founders, was at 1850 McKinley Avenue in Columbus, Ohio. These founders chose to base the foundation of Columbus Asphalt Paving, Inc. on the paving business. However, 11 years later the company began to change after one of the two remaining founders, John Power was killed in a construction related accident. Shortly after John's death, Fred Gifford, the lone remaining founder, chose to sell the company to John's sons, Dave, Kevin and Keith. Since that time, Columbus Asphalt Paving, Inc. has become a full service site development contractor. Columbus Asphalt Paving, Inc. is now capable of handling all the excavation, utility work (water, storm, and sanitary), concrete work, and paving work associated with various construction projects.
In 1998, Columbus Asphalt Paving, Inc. moved to 1196 Technology Drive located in Gahanna Ohio. Columbus Asphalt Paving, Inc. is a union company and employs approximately 60 employees during the construction season. The staff consists of 1 engineer, 2 construction managers, 1 general superintendent, 2 surveyors and a host of hard working foreman, operators, and laborers. It is through this staff that the company is able to cost effectively build quality construction projects.